Nissan Altima: Removing the bolt-on wheel cover (if so equipped)
Do not use your hands to pry off wheel caps or wheel covers. Doing so could result in personal injury.
The wheel covers are held on by the wheel nuts. The wheel cover will be removed along with the wheel when the nuts are removed.
To remove the wheel cover, use the jack rod B as illustrated.
Apply cloth A between the wheel and jack rod to prevent damaging the wheel and wheel cover. Use caution not to scratch the wheel cover or wheel surface.
Jack-up point coupe
Jacking up vehicle and removing the damaged tire
● Never get under the vehicle while it is supported only by the jack. If it is necessary to work under the vehicle, support it with safety stands.
● Use only the jack provided with your vehicle to lift the vehicle. Do not use the jack provided with your vehicle on other vehicles. The jack is designed for lifting only your vehicle during a tire change.
Jack-up point sedan
● Use the correct jack-up points. Never use any other part of the vehicle for jack support.
● Never jack up the vehicle more than necessary.
● Never use blocks on or under the jack.
● Do not start or run the engine while vehicle is on the jack. It may cause the vehicle to move. This is especially true for vehicles with limited slip differentials.
● Do not allow passengers to stay in the vehicle while it is on the jack.
● Never run the engine with a wheel(s) off the ground. It may cause the vehicle to move.
Always refer to the proper illustrations for the correct placement and jack-up points for your specific vehicle model and jack type. Carefully read the caution label attached to the jack body and the following instructions.
1. Loosen each wheel nut one or two turns by turning counterclockwise with the wheel nut wrench. Do not remove the wheel nuts until the tire is off the ground.
2. Place the jack directly under the jack-up point as illustrated so the top of the jack contacts the vehicle at the jack-up point. Align the jack head between the two notches in the front or the rear as shown. Also fit the groove of the jack head between the notches as shown.
The jack should be used on firm and level ground.
3. To lift the vehicle, securely hold the jack lever and rod with both hands. Carefully raise the vehicle until the tire clears the ground. Remove the wheel nuts, and then remove the tire.
Warning/indicator lights and audible reminders
Warning/indicator lights and audible reminders ...
Recalling RKE Memory Positions
(Memory Remote Recall)
The Memory Remote Recall feature can recall the driver seat and outside mirrors to previously stored RKE Memory positions when entering the vehicle. Every time the ignition is placed in OFF ...
Maximum Gross Vehicle Weight
(GVW)/Maximum Gross Axle Weight
The GVW of the towing vehicle must not exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) shown on the F.M.V.S.S./C.M.V.S.S. certification label. The GVW equals the combined weight of the unloaded ve ...